Being a Celiac and eating gluten free has it’s perks but also sometimes certain foods can be missed. Eating curry these days makes me miss having a warm naan bread to enjoy it with. You are all in luck! I have figured out how to make naan bread in just 3 main ingredients and less then 20 minutes of preparation and cooking.
Guys this is actually so easy! Give it a try, all you need is:
1 cup Red Robin gluten free flour mix, or another pre-mixed gluten free flour I have also used Bob’s Red Mill as well and it turned out the same
1 cup dairy free yogurt, or you can use regular yogurt if you are not dairy free
1tsp baking powder
To add flavour as an option you can also add:
2 chopped up garlic cloves or 1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp sesame seeds
This gave it an amazing flavour and will make your kitchen smell so good!
- Mix all the dry ingredients, gluten free flour mix and baking powder.
- Then add the yogurt and mix well.
- If you are going to add flavour add it in now.
- Roll the dough into 4 individual balls – you may have to add flour or water to your hands as the dough is a bit sticky.
- Then flatten out the balls until they are 1/4 of an inch thick.
In a pan on medium heat, add:
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or any oil of choice – I would go with a neutral oil to not over take the taste of the bread.
- Then add the bread to the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes, flip them over and cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat in the pan.
Plate up and enjoy with your curry, chilli or any other great recipe you have on hand.
Please Keep This Disclaimer in Mind:
Articles are for educational purposes only and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent diseases. We cannot and do not provide medical advice or specific advice on products related to treatments of a disease or illness.
You must not rely on the information on our website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare providers.
You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice or discontinue medical treatment because of information on our website.
It is your responsibility to consult with your professional health care providers before starting any diet changes, exercise or supplementation program, and before taking; varying the dosage and / or ceasing to take any medication.
We do not collect any personal information or store cookies. You can turn off cookies on your web browsers.