Hello everyone! One of my favourite treats growing up was a lemon loaf, so naturally I have found a way to make it so I can eat it again!
1.5 cups of self raising flour (I used the free from brand from England)
1/2 cup cane sugar (or any kind of sugar you have in your cupboard)
2 flax eggs (2tbs flax seed ground up and 6 tbs water)
75 ml neutral tasting oil – I used sunflower oil
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
6-8 tbs cane sugar (depends how sweet you want it)
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
6-8 tbs coconut oil (depend how much icing you want)
- Put all the dry ingredients together, mix the flour and sugar together.
- Make your flax eggs and set them aside until they gel together.
- In a separate bowl, mix in the oil and the zest and juice of the lemons. Once the flax eggs are ready mix them in with the wet ingredients as well.
- Now mix the dry with the wet until it makes a batter consistency. Then place in a loaf baking pan with parchment paper lining the tin.
- Put in the oven at 350 degrees F for 30-35 min or until golden brown.
- While the loaf bakes, make your icing. Melt the coconut oil and mix in the lemon juice and sugar. Now place it in the fridge until it hardens.
- Once the loaf is baked, let it cool before you place the icing on top. Enjoy!