If you are looking for a chocolate chip cookie that is fantastic with your milk of choice, these are for you! The cocao nibs give these soft cookies a nice little crunch for your taste buds.
1 Cup gluten free self raising flour
3/4 Cup almond flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 Cup of sucanat, cane sugar, or coconut sugar (use 1/2 cup of sugar if you prefer your cookies being sweeter)
2 flax eggs – 2 Tbsp of ground flax seeds mixed with 6 Tbsp of water
1/4 Cup melted vegan butter (I used Melt)
1 Tbsp macadamia milk or other vegan milk of choice
1/2 cup choc chips (I used Enjoy Life chunks)
1 Tbsp cocao nibs
- In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients: gluten free self raising flour, almond flour, cinnamon, and sucanat.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all wet ingredients: flax eggs, vegan butter, and dairy free milk.
- Now combine wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until you get a cookie dough consistency.
- Add in the chocolate chips and cocao nibs, and mix again until all combined.
- Use a tablespoon and scoop up the batter. You can roll the batter in your hands then place it on the cookie sheet and pat it down or scoop the batter out of the tablespoon and place right onto the cookie sheet.
- Put 12 cookies evenly apart on the cookie sheet – I did 3 across and 4 down the tray.
- Bake at 350oF for 10 min or until the bottom of the cookies are golden brown.
BAKING TIP: Cookies will continue cooking for a little while after they are out of the oven, if you want a softer cookie take them out when the bottom of the cookies are just turning golden. If you want a crunchier cookie, take them out when the top of the cookies are just turning golden brown.