Have you ever wanted to know how to make yourself a quick, easy and delicious chocolate cake for your birthday or just because you want cake? This is the recipe for you! It is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, and refined sugar free all without limiting your taste buds.
For the cake you will need:
2 1/2 cup Almond Flour
3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
4 eggs or 12 TBS Egg Whites
1 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar, Cane Sugar, or Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Almond Milk or Milk of Choice
1/4 cup Avocado or Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
For the icing you will need:
1/4 cup Dairy Free Butter or Butter of Choice
1/3 cup Almond Flour
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
3 TBS Coconut Sugar or Cane Sugar
1/4 cup Almond Milk
1) Preheat oven to 350°F, and line your cake tin with parchment paper – this is an important step to ensure the batter does not stick to the sides of the tin.
2) In a bowl, put all of the dry ingredients including the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Hand mix it all together and be sure to get any clumps out of the flour, or use a food processor if you have one.
3) In a separate bowl, put in all of the wet ingredients including the eggs or egg whites, coconut sugar or sugar of choice, almond milk or milk of choice, olive or avocado oil, and vanilla extract. Mix it all together.
4) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix them together until you have a cake batter. Then add the batter to the cake tin you have prepared, and smooth the batter to the sides of the tin.
5) Put your cake tin into the oven for 25- 30 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out smooth from the centre of the cake. Let the cake sit in the tin for 10 minutes to cool down then take it out of the tin and let it cool down completely before icing or cutting the cake!
1) Using a food processor (you could do it without but you just have to be sure to smooth it out and mix the ingredients well), put in the diary free butter or butter of choice and mix in the food processor until smooth (about a minute).
2) Now add the almond flour, and turn the food processor on again until the ingredients start to clump together.
3) Add in the cocoa powder and maple syrup and mix the ingredients again for another 30-60 sec.
4) Now add the coconut or cane sugar along with the almond milk or milk of choice and do a final mix. The icing should be slightly thick but able to run off your spoon.
5) Add the ingredients to a storable container and put the icing in the fridge to harden a bit more.
Now you have a delicious cake to enjoy and decorate to your liking! I put cocoa nibs and raspberries on top of mine. Below is a video of me making the cake and icing for my birthday :).
One thought on “Gluten Free Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Icing | Paleo and Refined Sugar Free”
Pingback: Gluten Free Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Icing | Paleo and Refined Sugar Free | LEW's Life