Looking for a quick and easy curry to make that tastes almost like a massaman curry? This is for you!
2 TBS Olive Oil
2 tsp Cumin Seeds
2 tsp Coriander Seeds
1 tsp Tumeric
1 tsp Coconut Sugar
1 TBS Almond Butter
2 tsp Red Thai Curry Paste
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Onion (medium sized)
1 Thumb Size Piece of Ginger
8-10 Button Mushrooms
4 small Bok Choy
1 x 400ml can Coconut Milk
1 x 540ml can White Kidney Beans
1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 cup Brown Rice
- Start cooking your rice as per instructions on the package.
- Put the olive oil into the pot and turn your stove top to medium heat.
- Once the pot is warm, add all of the spices including: cumin, coriander, and tumeric. Once the cumin and coriander seeds start to pop, add in the onion, garlic, ginger and coconut sugar.
- Let the ingredients cook until the onions become translucent. Once this happens add in the almond butter and red Thai curry paste. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Now add in the chopped up mushrooms and bok choy. Cook for another 3-5 min.
- Add the coconut milk, kidney beans and vegetable broth and cook on high until it starts to boil.
- Once the curry has started to boil, turn the heat off and add to cooked rice of choice.
Suggestions: as with any cooking, add a bit of salt with every step to help with increasing the flavour of the dish.
If you give this one a try, please do leave a comment below and let me know what you think!