Did you know to have a complete meal you need to have a carb, protein and a fruit or veg? These energy balls are a great way to get all three into one snack. They will also keep you going until your next big meal. Try these guys out as a quick and easy snack to make!
2 cup dates
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup goji berries
1/4 cup buckwheat groats
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Boil water and place the dates and goji berries into a bowl. Once the water is boiled, pour it over the dates and goji berries then let it sit for 20 min to soften them up. Or an alternative is to soak the dates in a bowl with water over night. By doing this you will make less work on your food processor engine 🙂
- Then add in the sofened date and goji berries into the food processor, then blitz it around until they are blended well.
- Now add in all of the nuts, seeds and pumpkin spice and blitz around until it combines. If you want it blended completely smooth you will have to blend it longer, however if you want the nuts and seeds to still be a bit crunchy blend for a minute or so.
- You can either roll the mix into little balls or put all of the mix into a parchment paper lined tin and make bars by spreading the mix around in the tin.
- Cut into bars or roll into balls and enjoy!