It was a friend of mines birthday recently and she is currently following the keto diet, so I had given myself a challenge to come up with a keto friendly chocolate cake recipe. I have to say, it’s pretty darn good. I hope you enjoy it too!
1 1/2 cup Almond Flour
1/4 cup Cacoa Powder
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/4 cup Monk Fruit – Add more if you want it sweeter
Handful of Cacoa Nibs
A Pinch of Salt
1/3 cup Milk of Choice – I used Almond Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350oF.
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix them together. The dry ingredients include: almond flour, cacoa powder, baking powder, xantham gum, salt, cacoa nibs and monk fruit into the bowl.
- Place all wet ingredients into a bowl and mix them together. The wet ingredients include: almond milk, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Now mix in the wet ingredients with the dry and mix them together until well combined and there are no clumps.
- Place the cake batter into a parchment paper lined tin or a greased tin. I used a loaf tin for mine.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 min, each oven cooks differently. After 20 min, take the cake out of the oven and place a knife or toothpick in the middle to check if it is fully cooked through. If there is still cake batter on the knife or toothpick when you take it out – it’s not ready and needs to go back in for more time.
- When it is ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool completely before cutting or placing icing on the cake. This is very important, so be patient, it will be worth the wait. I used an avocado mousse on this cake which I will be uploading the recipe soon to this blog.
Enjoy the cake for a birthday, another celebration or just as a treat because we all deserve cake :).
One thought on “Keto Chocolate Cake | Gluten Free and Dairy Free”
Pingback: Keto Avocado Mousse | Gluten and Dairy Free | LEW's Life